Why Choose Us?
There are a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a fly fishing outfitter or guide in the Bozeman area. Just about all of the outfitters and fly shops in Bozeman do a really great job, especially when compared to other areas of the country. It is the little things that set us all apart and here are a few key attributes that differentiate Fins & Feathers of Bozeman from the rest of the operations in the area.
- Our core guide staff is made up of fly-fishing professionals that work exclusively with Fins & Feathers of Bozeman in our fly shop and with our guide service.
- We fish hundreds of miles of water within an hour’s drive of Bozeman including the Gallatin, Madison, Yellowstone, Jefferson, Boulder, Shields, Missouri and East Gallatin rivers.
- We have access to a variety of private water in the area including Willow Creek, Paradise Valley Spring Creeks, East Gallatin River, Gallatin River, and various trophy-trout ponds.
- Our guides and shop staff know which waters to suggest and when to plan a float trip versus a wade-oriented trip based on weather, water conditions, hatches, angler skill, overall crowds, angler fitness, and the time available per day.
- Our Bozeman fly fishing guides are patient and work exceptionally hard with anglers of all skill levels and levels of interest.
- We stick with our core group of fly fishing guides day in and day out; only reaching out to various independent contractors that work for a variety of outfitters when we are entertaining large groups.
- Our deposit and reservation policies are “customer-centric” and fair; we aren’t in business to make money based on cancellations well in advance of scheduled trips.
- We include all the gear and tackle you need for a day on the water in our standard rates; no rental fees or incidental charges flies.
- Our reservation and confirmation system is simple and straightforward, allowing you to manage your reservation and track your payments online.
- Our guides have well-kept, quality equipment, gear, and vehicles and we either meet you at our Bozeman fly shop or pick you up at your lodge/hotel.
- We have a long history of providing a terrific, guided fly-fishing experience in Bozeman and were the recipient of the 2010 Orvis Endorsed Outfitter of the Year as well as a finalist for the Orvis Dealer of the Year in 2016.
- We have been under the same ownership, management, and lead guide longer (18 years) than any other fly shop in Bozeman. The other fly shops in town do a great job too, but are either brand new or have traded hands several times since their original owners frist began the business.
Back to Pre Trip Information