Bozeman’s Salt Water Fly Shop
Bozeman's Saltwater Fly Shop
Spring is the time of year when many of us Bozemanites head south to escape the winter and dip our feet in saltwater for a few days or even weeks. With winter back again this week, our eyes are definitely looking to the south with hopes that some opportunities to head south will soon present themselves. We have a great selection of saltwater flies, rods, lines, reels, and accessories in our Bozeman fly shop and the experience to help ensure that you have the right gear for your next adventure.
Experience on the flats, in the jungles, and along the beaches is what has enabled our Bozeman fly shop to curate a diverse selection of purpose-built gear for the saltwater angler. Over the years, someone on our staff of guides and fly shop staff has been to just about every tropical destination in the Western Hemisphere! Our personal experience, along with that of our good friends at Yellow Dog Fly Fishing, is why anglers from around the country come to Fins & Feathers for help with picking the best flies and gear for their next saltwater adventure.
If you are heading south and want some sound advice and help building your perfect kit of tackle and accessories, stop into our Bozeman fly shop and be sure to let us know where you are heading. If you would like personalized service, reach out beforehand via email to schedule an appointment with our owner and lead “globe-trotter” for help with a particular destination and time of year. There is no cost for this service, and we can schedule appointments during or outside of our standard business hours.
Bozeman's Best Saltwater Fly Rod Selection
We stock over 150 models of fly rods in our Bozeman fly shop at Four Corners and our saltwater selection is particularly unique in Bozeman. Saltwater anglers can compare, side-by-side, multiple options in fly rods ranging from 7-12 weight models. Our selection includes premium, mid-range and entry level options from some of the best brands in the industry including Sage, Scott, Thomas & Thomas, G. Loomis, Orvis, and Echo. Here a few saltwater fly rod highlights for the 2020 season that we are most excited about right now.
New Saltwater Fly Rods
- The Scott Sector has only been out for a few months, but it has been busy gobbling up industry awards and hitting the flats across the globe. Our Bozeman fly shop has already sold a pile of these awesome new fly rods for the 2020 season. Premium components, innovative materials, and purpose-built – the Scott Sector is a great choice as a high-performance saltwater fly rod.
- The G. Loomis NRX+ family is starting to trickle into our fly shop over the last couple of months. Long revered for its durability and power, the NRX+ builds on the NRX tradition by adding a bit of finesse to its performance package. New tapers and materials make these rods as easy to cats “off the tip” as they are deep in the mid-sections of the blank. The 890 is a “show-stopper” when paired with a RIO Flats Pro fly line!
- Sage Maverick fly rods just hit the racks last week and deliver high-performance at mid-range price-point. Built with Konnetic Technology on Bainbridge Island here in the USA, the Maverick has a sneaky-familiar feeling to those that fished the Sage ONE in heavier line weights. Retailing for $550 and backed by Sage’s lifetime warranty, the new Maverick is a great choice whether as a backup or primary fly rod for you next saltwater destination.
Visit our Fly Shop online or In Person for the best Selection of Saltwater Specific fly rods in Bozeman.
- Our website offers recently updated and expanded product descriptions and real-time inventory.
- Stop into our Bozeman Fly Shop to see them in person.
- We are always happy to special order a particular rod model if we don’t have it on hand.